Soothing A Dry Complexion
August means we are embracing cooler temperatures and dry skin. Our skin is greatly affected by environmental changes and as the humidity levels drop so does our skin’s moisture levels. Our skin can become dry, creating a myriad of symptoms including itchiness, flakiness, roughness, and cracking.
DRY SKIN CAUSES
Dry skin is caused by other factors as well. Certain chemicals can dry out our skin such as bleach and chlorine. The sun also dries out the skin quickly, especially without SPF protection. Additionally, your skin can become dry due to overexposure to water. Hot water strips the skin of natural oils, so it is wise to take shorter showers and avoiding long baths.
Chronic dry skin is indicative of a more serious skin condition or type of dermatitis. We recommend consulting a professional for diagnosis.
OXYGENETIX FOR DRY SKIN
There are over 400 species of aloe vera cultivated around the world dated as far back as 2000 years. The one strain that stands out amongst the rest is aloe vera “barbadensis”. Barbadensis comes with a multitude of skincare benefits and is widely known in the medical sphere as being the most effective in wound healing. This powerful plant is packed with ingredients to soothe and treat dry skin.
- Polysaccharides give aloe its hydrating, emollient and anti-inflammatory benefits while creating a protective barrier on the skin.
- Aloe contains a large number of anthraquinones, which offer antimicrobial and antioxidant characteristics.
- Flavones offer further protection from free-radical damage.
- Phytosterols are anti-inflammatory, which calm and soothe itchy skin while moisturizing and protecting the skin from trans-epidermal water loss.
- Glycosides promote healthy cell regeneration and offer antihistaminic (anti-allergen) properties, while vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids nourish the skin.
Oxygenetix Hydro Matrix is a hydrating topical formulated with aloe barbadensis and other natural ingredients making it safe to use on all skin types.
In concert with aloe vera barbadensis, Hydro Matrix contains hyaluronic acid (HLA), attracting moisture from the air, plumping the skin naturally. Combined with pyrrolidone carboxylic acid (PCA), a skin-replenishing ingredient, Hydro-Matrix is nothing short of a hyper hydrating power play.
This season give your skin the gift of hydration with Oxygenetix Oxygenating Hydro-Matrix!
Written by Sophia Knapp, Oxygenetix US
November 6, 2014
May 4, 2015
September 10, 2015
January 27, 2016