In a thread lift, threads are inserted underneath the skin to instantly and effectively lift sagging skin. The threads are mainly used on the face and the neck, but can also be used to lift skin on the body.
The thread lifting procedure does not involve surgery. It is a minimally invasive and very safe and effective in-office procedure with little downtime.
As we age, we lose volume in our face and our skin starts to sag. The result is a longer, more square and older-looking face.
The thread lift is the perfect solution to address sagging skin without surgery that looks natural and is also effective and safe when performed properly. It’s quickly becoming the treatment of choice, especially for busy individuals who need to quickly resume their daily activities.
Summary of the advantages of the Thread Lift
- Instant lifting: People love the instant lift of sagging skin that takes years off the face and neck.
- Natural results: Natural yet noticeable results can be achieved with the thread lift. There’s no worry of looking “over-pulled” or “wind-blown” as can sometimes happen with a surgical face lift.
- Non-Surgical: Since the procedure doesn’t involve any cutting and incisions, it doesn’t leave any permanent scars like traditional facelift surgery.
- Minimal downtime: Because the procedure is far less invasive than a surgical facelift, the downtime is very minimal. Most people are able to return to work soon after the procedure
Mint PDO thread lift is very versatile and can be used for many areas on the face and neck. The main areas that are lifted include:
- Nasolabial fold and smile lines (mid-face)
- Jowls and jawline (lower face)
- Marionette lines
- Chin and neck
The MINT PDO threads will fully dissolve in 6-9 months. During that time, new collagen will also form in the treatment areas, making the results of the threads last for a year or longer, depending on the patient’s skin condition and age. The thread lift’s lasting power depends on the age of the patient and how much sagging was corrected.
To further enhance and extend the results of your initial thread lift, additional “booster” threads can be inserted at a later time. The results of the thread lifting can also be prolonged with other skin tightening treatments.
Before your procedure, to minimize bruising from the procedure, please stop all blood thinners for at least 10 days (e.g. fish oil, aspirin, ibuprofen, Vitamin E, turmeric, etc.). If you are taking blood thinners for medical conditions, please inform us before the procedure.